The 39th Sumida River Fireworks Festival
The largest fireworks display in Tokyo with tradition and prestige
In traditional fireworks display that began in 1733, until now there was an interruption of several times, it takes place every year since 1978, it is the fireworks display that boasts the scale of the best in Kanto.
The venue provided two, 200-shot competition fireworks of the launch in the first venue has become the highlight of the competition for the new creative fireworks. Launch fireworks first venue is about 9,350 shots, the second venue is about 10,650 shots. Turnout is up near every year one million people. you can enjoy collaboration of TOKYO SKYTREE (R) and fireworks.
Go to Map
Near Ryogoku Station and the bridge is crowded from the fact that fireworks can be enjoyed up close. So you can only see the fireworks while walking. Also it makes it difficult to return Once entered into the crowded.
Introducing the better place for those who want to enjoy the fireworks.The better place of the Sumida River Fireworks
The first venue
(1) Mito Road (Route 6) along at Mukojima
– Arrive at 17:00, and then wait in the near of there.
– Because traffic regulation is applied, then please take the better place as the same as the around people.
(2) around Dozobori Park
– Don’t enter the park, but you can be fireworks viewing from around the promenade.
– You can see the fireworks from the fence. Here is better place that people are relatively little.
(3) Shioiri park
Shioiri park in Arakawa-ku is located about 1 km from the “Minami-Senju Station” of Tokyo Metro or JR Joban Line.
Because you are away from the venue, you can see the fireworks with relaxed, if you will be there about 1 hour before the start.Second venue the Ryogoku area
(1) near the Higashikomagata 3-chome intersection
– It is close to the “Honjo Azumabashi” of Toei Asakusa Line.
– You away from the little launch location, but you can find the location where the fireworks can be seen well from the space between the building and the building.
– Since the evening to become a vehicle closed to traffic, then you can take the place to be seen fireworks with relaxed.
(2) at the Honjo 3-chome intersection
– Here you will see well if you can take a good location because it is close to the second venue.
– Nearest station is a little walk in the Tokyo SkyTree Station.
– Arrive at around 17:00, and at 18: 00 If the place start traffic regulation, take the better place at the time.
– After the fireworks festival the subway to crowded is restricted admission, it will be so long time waiting to take on the train.
– Rather than the nearest station, it is also recommended to go the other station away a little by walk.
*Please use “More options” on the Map to find the optimal route for the direction to venue.
|Event Name||The 39th Sumida River Fireworks Festival|
|Venue||The first venue: Sakurabashi downstream-upstream Gentoikyo
Second venue: Komagatabashi downstream-upstream Umayabashi
|Dates||July 30, 2016|
|Note||The festival will be cancelled in case of rain.|
|Address||Senjuokawacho Adachi, Tokyo|
|Contact||03-5246-1111 Sumida River Fireworks Festival Executive Committee Office|